COVID 19: Three webinars covering everything you need to know about the effects fo COVID 19 on our industry and what you can do to mitigate. It is essential that brokers, underwriters and claims staff alike have a full understanding of what the correct commercial insurance position is on the virus that is disrupting all our lives. It is not just policyholders who are asking this question, we all know friends and family who run small businesses and they will be asking anyone who works in insurance what the position is and why.
Webinar: Available to rent.
Coverage issues on all policies relating to Covid-19.
This detailed webinar will look at policies outside of business interruption and focus on gaps that many commercial clients will likley be facing as result of COVID 19. This webinar will highlight areas in which you can support your clients and manage the difficult issues facing them. In particular we will look at:
- Many policies do not cover equipment whilst in employees home – are you sure your client has the right cover?
- What should you inform your policyholders about the potential new EL and PL risks that arise whilst employees are at home, and what is the coverage position on furloughing?
- Why a broker needs to be very careful about which insurer they place coverage with going forward, particularly in relation to declarations.
- There is a significantly increased D&O and Employment Practices exposure – these covers have never been more important, how well are you advising clients on their increased exposure?
- The cyber risk has increased dramatically – are you informing your clients of the critical need for cyber cover?
- Why it has never been more important to get your clients onto a declaration linked basis for Bi – this is much more than the uplift in coverage
- What is the contract law position on payment holidays?
- Will the unoccupancy period invalidate part or all of your clients cover?
- Should the client be thinking of going onto laid up cover for part of their fleet coverage?
- What is the position of the Insurance Act 2015 on changes policyholders are having to make to their business?
Completion of the webinar will enable you to:
- Understand the correct position on contents at home coverage under a commercial policy.
- Understand the position on EL/PL coverage as it relates to the Covid-19 lockdown.
- Understand the increased D&O and cyber exposure caused by the Covid-19 lockdown.
- Understand the legal position on payment holidays.
- Understand the advantage of being on a declaration linked Bi policy.
- Understand how unoccupancy could affect policy coverage.
- Understand how the Insurance act 2015 applies to the Covid-19 lockdown.
Intellectual property of Alan Chandler: Not for re-sale.